OK, I baked these on the weekend for a party, and I have to share them because they're just way too good. I'm famous in my circle of friends for these babies, and I figure that you should have the chance to be as well.
From the outside they're quite unassuming chocolate biscuits, until you bite inside and out comes the runny caramel. Does life get much better? Want to know how to get to this cookie nirvana? Read on...
Here's what you'll need. Everything is in Australian measurements, but to convert you can pop on over here. I've got to say two things. 1)there is absolutely no point only making one batch of these, so I double the recipe every time I make them, and 2)there is absolutely nothing healthy about them at all. But that's half the fun, hey?
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain flour
1/3 cup self raising flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
100g dark chocolate, melted
250g Caramello squares
All Important Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to moderate. To me that means about 180°.
2. Beat egg, oil and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until mixture changes in colour. In other words, until it looks like this.
4. Centre one Caramello square on 1 heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, enclosing the Caramello.
5. Place balls on prepared tray about 6cm apart.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes. (Now, this is what the recipe says. I think it's rubbish and cook mine for about 15 minutes, but my oven is older. Basically I cook them for about 15 minutes, and pull them out when they look like this. You want them fairly soft though.)
8. Prepare to be the hero amongst your friends.